Friday, February 25, 2022

#9: Diffusion Theory

 

        Smartwatches or apple watches were somewhat of an unbelievable invention when they first came out in 2014. As smartwatches were and still are an expensive investment today, I would safely say that smartwatches are approaching or even already at critical mass in diffusion theory.
    
    Simply put, most people that want a smartwatch already have them, I myself have never wanted one personally because I find my phone to be all I need if I need to look at the time or check my messages. My phone can also track steps and other health factors where I don't feel the need to wear a smartwatch to tell me those factors about me.

    Many companies such as Apple still produce newer versions of smartwatches because they are trying to fight the maturation and saturation of the product, by continuing to come out with newer versions, it makes people want to keep buying the newest version of the smartwatch.

    It's plain to see that anyone who doesn't have a smartwatch most likely does not want one and or will simply never invest in one because they may have the same viewpoints as myself where it is an unnecessary tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Prompt: Technology and Me

  The ride at the New York world fair of '64 and '65 called Futurama  is an interesting sight to see in the present day. Certainly t...